An attractive flooring is the heart of any interior and lends a touch of glamour and elegance to the entire interior of either a home or an office. A thoroughly professional concern, Shiv Shakti Floor is a name to reckon with when it comes to wooden flooring of diverse variety, coming with sophistication and magnificence.
Advantages of Wooden Floors
There are a host of advantages that come in package with wooden floors. They are easy to maintain, are highly ecological and render an attractive look as well. Besides, they are also Allergy proof, electric shock proof, there by making them safe to be walked on even when one is barefoot.
Wooden floors are also more durable than any other floor and can last for upto (10 - 30 years own) if maintained well. It is smooth in surface, and is therefore very easy to move on. It is also naturally warm as a wooden floor can hold heat because of the presence of thousands of tiny air chambers per cubic feet.
You should take the following precautions to maintain the beauty and elegance of your wooden floor:
- Do not use sheet vinyl or tile floor care products on wood floors.
Self-polishing waxes because wood to become slippery and appear dull quickly.
- Use throw rugs both inside and outside doorways to help prevent grit, dirt and other debris from being tracked onto your wood floors.
This will prevent scratching.
- Do not wet-mop a wood floor. Standing water can dull the finish, damage the wood and leave a discoloring residue.
- Wipe up spills immediately with a slightly dampened towel.
- Do not over-wax a wood floor. If a wax floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas
by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
- Put stick-on felt protectors under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching. Replace these often as dirt and debris can
become imbedded on the pad and act like sand paper on the flooring surface.
- Developing tactical plans for public safety response.
- Avoid walking on your wood floors with cleats, sports shoes and high heels. A 125 - pound woman walking in high heels
has an impact of 2,000 pounds per square inch. An exposed heel nail can exert up to 8,000 pounds per square inch. This kind of impact can dent any
- When moving heavy furniture, do not slide it on wood flooring. It is best to pick up the furniture
completely to prevent scratches.
- For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
- Use a humidifier throughout the winter months to minimize gaps or cracks.